Monday, September 8, 2008

Turning frowns upside down

I am tired of being grumpy and depressed. I can choose my mood and while everything isn't going exactly the way I want it I know that in the end everything will work out. I am making a choice to push through this setback and to be positive and dare I say happy.

For starters: Here is my horoscope for today, courtesy of Yahoo!

"Try to live in the moment. Enjoy the time you're having while you're having it."

That is exactly what I am going to do. Live for today and cherish each moment I have with my husband, dogs, friends and family before I become a Mom.

Secondly, I touched based with my local social worker. If I haven't said it before she is truly an amazing person. She spent a lot of time with me on the phone when we had the twins and just after they had to leave. I wasn't always the most coherent person on the phone through the tears but her willingness to listen and offer support has been very helpful. Well, she knows of our latest delays and she again is opening her door to us if we need to talk. She is such a caring person and I am so grateful to have her standing by us on this adoption journey. She also happened to give us some good news. Wait for it....

There will be no charge for updating our home study. YEAH!!! This will be our 3rd time so we thought for sure their would be a fee but there isn't. We can now take the money we had set aside for that update and add it to our travel to Ethiopia fund.

Thirdly (is that a word???), we along with a bunch of other families from my international placement agency helped sponsor a Madison woman who was competing in the Triathlon. She is one amazing lady for sure. Anyway, she pledged to raise money for Doctor's Without Borders and their program to distribute PlumpyNut to starving children in Ethiopia. Here is how we did as a group:

"With the award, we have donated over $15,000 to MSF(Doctors Without Borders). Here's the math: 350 children will receive Plumpy'Nut for a 6 week course that will return them to good health- 350 children will go home with their moms and dads - 350 children will find friendship in their communities - 350 children will have a chance at education - 350 children will walk the beautiful landscape of Ethiopia - 350 children will live...350 children. Wow"

A special thanks to Meghan for organizing this effort and to Amber our athlete who may have a broken toe but kept on going for a good cause. You both are truly amazing women and have helped me personally gain some perspective on my longer wait. It really could be so much worse. I pray everyday for the well being of my little one's birth family.

Lastly, I would like to share with you today an email. Yes it is one of those cheesy forwards everyone passes around. I got this particular email from my Mom and it really rang true for me.

LEMONS and SUGAR
This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror
where one could read it every day. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.
1. There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you take another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

So........ If you are a loving friend,send this to everyone, including the one that sent it to you.If you get it back, then they really do love you. And always remember....when life hands you Lemons, ask for Sugar and call me !

Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, But you know they are always there.

Whenever God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway.

Happiness keeps You Sweet
Trials keep You Strong,
Sorrows keep You Human,
Life keeps You Humble,
Success keeps You Glowing,
But Only God keeps You Going

No comments: