That same night she was being adorable, as always and then we turned around and....
she did this. Silly girl :)
We met, for what will hopefully be the last time, with the Birth to 3 program. As expected, Peanut does not qualify for services except for speech therapy. We at this time have turned it down as we feel like she is still catching up and will catch up in time. We talked with the Early Intervention Teacher and even she was not that concerned about the delay in Peanut's speech. This was reassuring and helped us with our decision to not pursue speech therapy at this point. We can always call them back if we need to. They left us with some great info and some handouts on speech activities we can do with Peanut.
We were thrilled with all the help they already given us and even though we don't really qualify for services, I am glad we called. I would highly recommend any parent calling their Birth to 3 or Early Intervention program if you have any questions at all about your child's development. It is such a great resource.
3 comments:
Just when am I going to meet this candidate cutest little sweetheart?
How much is she supposed to be talking at 7 months old? Charlie is 10 months and bablles a lot (mostly the same syllables :"Ah-DAH! Ahhhhhhh'DAH!")
Is she supposed to be saying more at this point?
I think she looks a lot like Charlie, actually. Those cheeks! And the shape of her face and nose...
Post a Comment