Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!!!

The day has finally arrived. 11 months, 2 weeks and 1 day and we are proud to say we have been referred a beautiful 6 week old baby girl. I am so in love already. As stated before I can't post her picture or her name as she is not legally ours yet so you will just have to trust me that she is the most beautiful little girl ever!

So everyone wants to know where I was and what I was doing so before I forget I thought I should write it all down.

I was in the office doing some cleaning and shredding. Nesting away as I have been for months. I heard the phone ring and I jumped up to go get it. I ran to the bedroom and saw on the caller ID Children's Home Society and I screamed and tried to answer the phone. For whatever reason our home phone wasn't working and all I heard was static. I quick ran downstairs to grab the other phone but by then I had missed the call. I was desperately trying to figure out how to call back when my cell phone rang.

This was it. This was the call I have been waiting for. Today, January 6th, I found out that our daughter is in Ethiopia and she is ready for us to come get here. Wait did I say daughter??? I for so long had been telling myself we were having a son and I was so fine with that. A daughter?? I can't believe it. I am going to have a little girl. My prayers really have been answered. I heard only about every other word our specialist said. I was crying. Tears of utter joy for sure. I couldn't believe it. I was in total shock. Our local SW was here in the morning to update our home study and she and our specialist just missed each other on the phone. I didn't think today would be the day but boy am I glad it is.

She is 6 weeks old and truly a little peanut. The nickname fits her perfectly. I wish I could hop on a plane right now and scoop her into my arms and tell that she is so loved. I can't. I have a few months before I can do that. I know that she is being well taken care of while we wait to go get her. Many blessings and prayers to the nannies and doctors looking after all our little ones.

I think someone better pinch me, this is really happening right?? I am actually going to be a Mom. What a glorious day this has been. Thanks to all who have been such amazing cheerleaders through this whole process. You know who you are. You have kept me sane as much as that is possible. I can't wait to share her picture so come on court date.

PS--I am wearing my pink AHOPE shirt so maybe that was a sign :)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's funny that you thought you were getting a boy but got a girl...we thought we were getting a girl and got a boy! :)

Hmmm...didn't I say you were getting a girl?! ;)

Congrats again - can't wait til you make it through court and we see pictures!

Julie said...

I am so so happy for you guys! You have a daughter! Congratulations. You have had a long road, and today is finally your day.

cathy said...

Huge, huge, HUGE congratulations. I am so happy for you. What a joyous day.

Eastiopians said...

Cathy!!!
I am so so so very happy for you!!!! It was my phone chant, wasn't it? Humor me. Ha ha! What time did you get the call? Was your husband there with you or did you have to call him? What did your SW say to you? Does she have any hair? You know I have to know the details, he he! HUGE cyber hug girlfriend! Definitely go out and celebrate tonight and enjoy the shopping frenzy that will most certainly take place now that you know she's a girl & her age/size....clothes are SOOOO much fun to buy! Also, will you email me your mailing address? My email (in case you can't find it in all of your motherhood excitement) is theresaeast1@yahoo.com :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finally knowing. Knowing her face. Knowing her story. Knowing her name. And knowing the first words of your next chapter.

Cheers to your beautiful daughter, your peanut and your next great love!

Carrie

Cheryl said...

I was so excited to see this news!!! A huge congrats, can you feel the hugs from here?

Blog Shmog said...

YAY!! That is such awesome news. Congratulations on your little girl. How fun that she is only 6 weeks old! I can't wait to see her beauty face!

Sha Zam- said...

ya yay yay~!!!!

Cindy said...

Love the referral story. I am so happy for you both! Congratulations on your daughter!

Hoffbeauty said...

I just saw your news on the forum! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are you in Milwaukee? So are we! Hopefully we can meet one day!

AnnMarie & Nick said...

WHOOOOO-HOOOOO, congrats on this wonderful day!

Leah and Eric said...

I'm so happy for you!!! That's GREAT news!! :)

Jess Pedersen said...

CONGRATS!!!! I can't believe I missed the news earlier!!!! I'm so thrilled for you! xoxo,Jess

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!! That's great news! So happy for you and looking forward to seeing what the next few months bring for you!

filoli said...

Congratulations! That is a fanstastic way to start off a new year! Here's to flying thru court..

M and M said...

Cathy, life now changes again and for ever and ever and always. You've been strong and full of grace and goodness during this long journey and isn't a daughter an amazing end of the rainbow? I am so deeply happy for you.

Kate said...

Wow! I found your blog today of all days! Congratualtions on your baby girl! We are also in the process of adopting from Ethiopia.

Kristin said...

I've been reading your blog for the past four months! Congratulations on your baby girl!!!! My eyes filled with tears for you as I read your story! We still have a year until we receive our referral but your story has me so excited for that day! THank you for sharing your journey! God Bless you and your family!

Bridget said...

Congrats!!! Wow... 6 weeks old! Such a babe! I got goosebumps reading this. I'm a LONG way off, but what a glorious day it will be....

whatever_heather said...

Congratulations! This made me cry. I can remember that feeling. You will be on a high until you get to Ethiopia to scoop her up! I can't wait to see pictures!
So, so happy for you!!

Holly Scheuren said...

YAAAAAY!!! How WONDERFUL! Congratulations!

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

Just saw your link on Julie's blog and had to come on over and wish you a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm from WI but have been keeping warm in Atlanta for the last six years. I wish you a speedy court date and even speedier travel!